I know I will probably need to write another blog thanking everyone after this whole ordeal is done, but there are some people who I want to make sure I remember to thank while it's all still fresh on my mind.
Malachi: thank you for letting me go be with Isaiah while you stayed with Grandpa and Grammy. You are such a trooper, and so strong -- I miss you more than I can say.
Mom and Dad: Not only did I get to stay with you for 3 months, but then Mom flew Malachi back to Missouri all by yourself and you are taking care of my big man for me. And you helped me organize an entire house and put a nursery together in 3 days. You are incredible people, and I would not be able to be here with Isaiah every day if it weren't for you. Thank you.
Laura: Thank you for letting Mom and Dad stay with Malachi and help me out when you need them to help you get ready for your new baby. Thank you for your sacrifice, and for all of your advice that helps me stay calm when I get worried about Isaiah. It is so nice to have a nurse in the family, especially one as smart as you. You are great at helping me navigate the world of the NICU.
Brent and Ginger Nolker (and Gabriel and Esther): Wow -- I can't begin to thank you for your hospitality, offering to let me stay with you for as long as I need, and having breakfast for me in the morning and dinner with brownies, cake, and ice cream for dessert. And Gabriel and Esther's pictures are awesome -- talking with them in the mornings before I leave always puts a smile on my face. Thank you all for helping me laugh at the end of the day and making a tough situation so much easier.
Jenni and Dewy Webb: Thank you, Jenni, for taking me to the airport on Tuesday night when the snow storm had just begun. I loved getting to talk with you! And thank you Dewy for taking time off work to drive my mom and Malachi through the snow to the airport, and then getting all of their bags inside for them. You guys are amazing, and we are so blessed to be in your community group. Thanks for showing what true community is like and how the church should look. We love you!
SOALO ladies: Thank you for your emails, encouragement, support, prayers, rides from the airport, and offers to watch Malachi. You all have been unbelievable -- I never thought I would know women who are so supportive of each other and so willing to help. You have been like second family throughout this deployment, and I'm so thankful for you all.
Journey Church: Thank you for your prayers and support and offers to help however you can. It is wonderful to part of such a great church family. We are blessed.
And to all my other friends and family who are too many to name: I can't tell you how much the emails, phone calls, and Facebook messages have helped. Being here alone in South Carolina has been tough, but your encouragement and prayers are what get me through each day. Thank you!
I can't wait to bring Isaiah home, have Aaron home, and be back together as a family again. I know this time is temporary, and it is all of you who have helped give me the faith and strength to get through it. We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment