The doctor came by this morning and made it official: they are discharging Isaiah sometime later this morning! I am SO excited to be getting out of the hospital and away from all of these beeping monitors and cords that get stuck in the diaper and nurses that come into your room at 3am to check blood pressure.
But it's scary too. I will be the sole caretaker for Isaiah, at least for the next week. I don't have anyone else to help tell me whether or not he needs to eat more or how his breathing looks. I can't just hand him over and run downstairs to the cafeteria for some lunch. It's a little bit scary. Yes, I've done this before, and I've taken care of a lot of babies in my lifetime, but there's something about taking a baby home from the NICU and knowing that this baby is completely dependent on you. I guess I'm just going to have to be completely dependent on God, because half the time I feel like I have no clue what's going on!
I am so grateful that my friend Ginger emailed her church and found a retired couple who is willing to let us stay at their house. They have a crib already set up for when their grandchildren come, and Isaiah and I get free reign of the house with a key so we can come and go as needed. These people are complete strangers to me, but they were more than happy to take us in. To me, that's what Christianity is all about -- serving others and helping those in need. Love it!
As far as how long we'll be in the lovely (and backwards, and obese, according to the pediatrician) state of SC, I'm not sure. We are still awaiting a document that has to be signed by a judge. It was submitted last week but wasn't back yet at noon yesterday. There are a few more small paperwork things that need to get done, but the social worker is coming today to be here when Isaiah is being discharged and she should be able to give me an idea of how all the other paperwork is going. If we can get that court order on Monday sometime before noon, there's a good chance we can get the rest of the file to the ICPC office that day and she may be able to overnight it to Washington state. Then all we need is verbal confirmation from WA that I have permission to bring Isaiah to them. So best case scenario would be catching a flight on Tuesday, but there's a possibility I won't be allowed to leave until later in the week. All I can do now is hope and pray that things get done in a timely fashion so I can go home and see my other son. I just want so badly to have my boys all together again. Hopefully I only have to be patient a few more days ...
No comments:
Post a Comment