- Malachi LOVES to eat - he usually eats 3-4oz. per meal, every 3 hours during the day and (usually) every 4 hours at night. Eating is his favorite thing to do, and if you don't get him his bottle quickly enough, he shakes his head back and forth rapidly trying to figure out where the bottle is. I have been trying to tell him that patience is a virtue he needs to work on, but he has decided now is not the time. I think he is trying to work on kindness instead, and indeed, he has nothing bad to say about anyone and is generally happy no matter who is holding him.
- Sleeping is not Malachi's favorite thing; he takes after me rather than Aaron in this respect. At only a week old, Malachi can stay awake for about 1 1/2 hours at a time! He once stretched it to 2 hours, but that is pretty unusual and was due to his oversleeping earlier. When he's awake he likes to look around and has started staring at our faces. He is generally content when awake, unless he has gas. Then I have to move his legs around to help him get it out.
- Malachi has amazing range when he pees. He hit a nurse 3 feet away when getting weighed and he's pretty good at peeing everywhere when his diaper is changed. Sometimes he gets to wear 3 outfits a day! The only time he doesn't pee is when he's getting bathed, which seems odd to me, but oh well.
- Malachi's favorite thing to watch on TV is Wavy 10 News - he loves the little jingle that precedes the show. He always likes to listen to his daddy talk. I think he has started to tune me out because I talk so much, but it's okay. I switch between English and French depending on just how tired I am, so maybe I'm confusing him.
- Malachi loves treadmills. I take this as a good sign. Whenever I take him down to the gym at our apartment to run on the treadmill, he sits mesmerized and then quickly falls asleep. If he becomes a fussy baby, I may become one heck of a runner.
We adopted Malachi and took him home in November 2009. We adopted Isaiah in February of 2011. And Elias joined us in June 2012. This blog is about them, but more than that, we hope that by reading about our adoptions and our life with 3 boys, we can show a glimpse of what it means to be adopted as God's sons and daughters.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
A little about Malachi
I haven't written on the blog for awhile, because Aaron started an amazing post, but then he got writer's block and hasn't been able to finish. So until his brain gets unblocked, I decided I'd let everyone know a little about Malachi. So, here's his "get to know you" info:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment